These union men were handed a sheet of paper with a real story in the real words of a woman...and told to read it. No warning. No rehearsal. They knew that it was going to be about sexual harassment in hotels and casinos. But no one told them they were supposed to say. Watch their genuine reactions to the stories of housekeepers and waitresses. Share this video with #HandsOffPantsOn to amplify their call to end sexual harassment & assault. Visit www.HandsOffPantsOn.org for more information.
UNITE HERE members in the hospitality industry want to welcome you to their great city!
UNITE HERE Local 1
- RT @unitehere: Our Union is predominately #WOC, many immigrant - who are some of the strongest leaders of the labor movement right now. #wo… 02:43:00 PM January 31, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #1u #NoBanNoWall https://t.co/NuM88sB9BS 03:07:15 PM January 25, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Union women are fierce fighters who have helped pass legislation that create safer working environments for all wor… https://t.co/OW2R88o7ji 11:25:08 AM January 20, 2017 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #HandOffPantsOn Lobby Day! Talking abt legislation to protect hotel workers https://t.co/z0ZbjvGo4q #WhyIMarch #1u… https://t.co/qvFOUnZghi 10:37:41 AM January 19, 2017 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- "Our Union re-learned two key lessons this election cycle. First, we win when workers talk to our neighbors, and we… https://t.co/ftuE1A8fOc 04:37:52 PM January 18, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Local 1 in the News
Hotel Burnham Housekeeping Department Wins Union
April 1, 2016