Stay up-to-date about union news, job opportunities, and important information about healthcare and immigration reform. Sign up to get Plugged In!
These union men were handed a sheet of paper with a real story in the real words of a woman...and told to read it. No warning. No rehearsal. They knew that it was going to be about sexual harassment in hotels and casinos. But no one told them they were supposed to say. Watch their genuine reactions to the stories of housekeepers and waitresses. Share this video with #HandsOffPantsOn to amplify their call to end sexual harassment & assault. Visit www.HandsOffPantsOn.org for more information.
UNITE HERE members in the hospitality industry want to welcome you to their great city!
UNITE HERE Local 1
- 49% of housekeepers surveyed have had guest(s) expose themselves, flash them, or answer the door naked. #WhyIMarch #HandsOffPantsOn about 2 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #GrievanceWins: Jose noticed errors in his schedule & grieved it. He won & was able to receive $400 in back pay! https://t.co/FRlhSzYHlS #1u about 4 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Going to #womensmarchCHI? March with the union! Meet the union office 9:30a 1/14! https://t.co/8b0nZEoWAG #WhyIMarch #HandsOffPantsOn about 7 hours ago from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Did you know? #1u #mlkday #blackworkmatters 01:10:22 PM January 16, 2017 from Hootsuite ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @unitehere: We'll be participating in actions happening from California to Orlando, and Chicago to Phoenix. And sending busses to join D… 05:13:48 PM January 11, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Local 1 in the News
Hotel Burnham Housekeeping Department Wins Union
April 1, 2016