UNITE HERE Local 1 is proud to endorse Rahm Emanuel for Mayor of Chicago, along with the following McCormick Place/Navy Pier unions: IUOE Local 399, IBEW Local 134, Carpenters, Steelworkers Decorators 17u, Riggers Local 136, Plumbers 130, IATSE Local 110, and Pipefitters 547.
You can find a complete list of unions endorsing the Mayor here.
Why is Rahm Emanuel the best choice for our union?
- FIRST CHICAGO MAYOR TO MEET WITH LOCAL 1 MEMBERSHIP
- BROUGHT THE LIVING WAGE TO CHICAGO’S AIRPORTS, and made sure our 1750 members at O’Hare and Midway will be covered.
- RAISED THE MINIMUM WAGE
- BRINGING MORE HOSPITALITY BUSINESS: McCormick Place is now the #1 convention center in the country! That means more jobs for our members.
- Under Rahm, City Council passed an Airport Labor Peace Law that we supported, covering thousands of airport jobs.
- Mayor Emanuel has supported our union organizing. We have more union agreements since he became Mayor – the Marriott Marquis is just one example.
- Money for city projects – TIF – has been allocated for future projects like the arena at McCormick Place. TIF funds helped build Blackstone and Allegro Hotels.
On April 7th, let’s keep winning.
Below, check out our new television ad series, “Rahm Love”:
(Videos above paid for by UNITE HERE Local 1 PAC)