Laid-Off Member Resources

Member Assistance Intake Form

Please read the options and resources below. If you still need help with any of these areas of assistance, please fill out Member Assistance Intake Form, and someone from the Member Assistance team will contact you.


Local 1’s Illinois Unemployment Guide is available HERE.

Our Troubleshooting Guide for Indiana Unemployment is HERE.

If you would like help finding employment, please fill out this FORM.

Food Assistance

Looking for food banks in Cook County? The Greater Chicago Food Depository has a site to help find food pantries and pop-ups in Chicagoland.

Looking for food somewhere else? Feeding America has a food bank finder for the whole country.

Need help applying for SNAP benefits? Click HERE for more info.

Healthy Local 1

Is your health insurance through your employer at risk of ending due to COVID?

Check out our new Healthy Local 1 page HERE to complete our intake form and to answer your questions about which healthcare options may be best for you.

Other Resources

DIAPERS: In need of diapers for your baby? Click HERE

Toolkit Videos

Check out Local 1’s “Toolkit” series that provides information and training on unemployment, food assistance, financial planning and more!